Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

WIP!

My family tease me as they say I can never sit still and just Chill!!  The fingers have to be busy all the time! True that!!! I miss the sewing when I am traveling though, so always carry something with me. The other great love in my life in the craft category, is crocheting!!! I find it so relaxing and have some work in progress amongst my multiple projects. This month has been one of travel...so the bit of work that has been my constant has been this table cloth which I am making as a gift for my daughter! The pattern is from a friend who made a very successful one.
Its a lovely star design and will look lovely on her dark polished wood dining table.
I've used a slightly thicker cotton thread this time....and like the effect. Plan to make linen napkins edged with a narrow crochet border!


6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Brinda! You have both enormous patience and talent. Your daughter will love this heirloom piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brinda, this is beautiful! What a lovely gift of the hands and the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just seem to get more and more speechless each time :) U are indeed so talented pishi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brinda, I've had a lovely time here. I'm so glad you have joined the Star of Africa bee x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so nice to see your crochet WIP. It is still in my wishlist to crochet a table cloth...i better start it now...thank you so much for inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful. Crochet is perfect for travelling :)

    ReplyDelete