Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Back to my blog!

One of my New Year resolutions was to update my blog and  keep it updated! We are almost at the end of January, and I have only just begun! But I guess better late than never! I've started a Facebook page and possibly update that more as the response there are almost immediate! But hey....this blog is supposed to be recording part of my creative exploits!
In early December I had a wonderful afternoon attending a workshop on Lambadi embroidery. My teacher was Jyoti from Bellary in north Karnataka. 
Her hands moved quickly as she sewed and yet all the stitches were of the same size. There was no pre drawing or markings. It was all free hand and she created her designs as she sewed! 









The 'makara' stitch was unique! It looked like a spider web! 

No comments:

Post a Comment