Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Challenge for IMQG

The March Challenge for IMQG was to make anything, but using only 2 fat Quarters, one a solid colour and one  a print. I thought I would make 2 cushion covers, and have actually started them. Luckily I read the instructions again and it said only 2 FQs and nothing else. Which meant I was breaking the rules of the challenge as I had already started quilting them! So once again fabric was taken out and I was mulling around thinking what I should make with the limited amount of fabric I had. Finally I hit on the idea of the tray cloth and tea cosy. I never seem to have enough of these anyway. Since it has come out quite nicely, I will keep it for Christmas!

I love doing bits and pieces by hand, and so decided to use the bits and pieces that were left over to make appliques. The red fabric has a paisley design, so I decided to repeat that for the applique. Ideas just pop up as i go along! Just so much fun really!


No comments:

Post a Comment